Nathan Simmons has been practicing law for 32 years, working in both law firms and in-house positions. Mr. Simmons' practice at EVN Law focuses on start-up and entrepreneurial businesses as well as larger development and other projects. Prior to reentering private practice in 2018, Mr. Simmons served for 4½ years as general counsel at a securities broker-dealer in Salt Lake City.
Mr. Simmons provides legal services across a range of businesses and clients, including various types of transactions and legal matters from simple to complex, involving small businesses and startups at various stages of growth as well as larger governmental and private entities. Mr. Simmons' work has included real estate development, transportation, technology, energy, educational institutions, governmental entities and other areas.
Building upon prior legal experiences, Mr. Simmons' responsibilities include legal advice and representation with regard to:
- Various types of business transactions.
- Business entity formation and corporate governance.
- Securities law, including securities offerings, reporting and filing obligations, and business financing techniques.
- Private placements and other exempt securities transactions, including preparation of private placement memoranda.
- Corporations and other business entities under applicable state laws.
- Legal and business advice to diverse clients.
Additional information on Mr. Simmons' background and experience is available on LinkedIn.
>BS in Accounting – Brigham Young University; graduated summa cum laude